Been putting off that three week long European backpacking trip you’ve had on the backburner for, oh I dunno, say … forever? Well if you’re a Gin lover, this new job posting for a gin drinking internship may be your ticket out of town.
The Gintern: World’s Best Job for Gin Lovers
A monthly gin and tonic delivery club out of the UK called ILoveGin is looking for a “Gintern” — an internship that pays 20,000 pounds ($26,268 dollars) to one lucky, MASSIVE gin fan tasked to traveling around the country to taste new gins, tonic waters, mix (har har) and mingle with brands at parties, launches and events, and be an all-around social butterfly for a measly two-day (minimum) workweek.
Interested? If you aren’t, you might be dead inside.
Five Things You Gotta Know
- You must be over 18 and live in the UK in order to be considered. Sorry, yankees.
- You must love traveling (duh) because this job will have you hustling from place to place — Edinburgh one day, London the next. Plus, you can set your own hours and work from home when you aren’t on the road. Ahh, the life of a Gintern.
- If you meet all the age, location, drivers license criteria, the only thing you have to do is submit a 100-200 word paragraph on why you’d be a good fit. Seriously, ILoveGin!? Let’s have a discussion here. I feel like you’re missing a good opportunity to really weed out the non-gin lovers AND get extra marketing dollars for free. If I were you, I’d require some kind of G&T mixing tutorial and a YouTube upload. Just saying.
- The contract is only six months long, so if you gawked at the $26k paycheck, know that you may get hired on full time after your half-year Ginternship is up.
- You’ll get lots of gin. Obviously.
Image Source: Flickr/ jynnan tonnyx
Adventure With Us.
Get tips, advice, news and recommendations sent straight to your inbox.